BUACA Canada
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

(Bikers United Against Child Abuse Canada)

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
We are here to announce that we are in full support of the women from around the world who run S.T.O.L.E.N, Strength Together Over Legal Empowerment Now. They have been exposing a large amount of corrupt individuals along with exposing pedophiles from across the globe. Lets welcome www.stolenshow.com and hope that you back us and support them as well. Thank You From: www.buaca.ca Bikers United Against Child Abuse, (Canada)
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Keywords
Latest topics
» Facebook given 72 hours to remove paedophile monitoring page
Cyberbullying: How Anger Changed One Teen's Life  EmptyMon Dec 03, 2012 1:56 pm by BUACA CANADA

» AXJ & Pedophile John Aster reported to police.
Cyberbullying: How Anger Changed One Teen's Life  EmptyThu Nov 29, 2012 3:29 pm by BUACA CANADA

» Taking child abuse stand
Cyberbullying: How Anger Changed One Teen's Life  EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 8:00 am by Guest

» JOHN ASTER THE TRUTH AFTER BEING EXPOSED
Cyberbullying: How Anger Changed One Teen's Life  EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 1:50 pm by Guest

» I Was Just Friended By Myself On Facebook
Cyberbullying: How Anger Changed One Teen's Life  EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 8:16 am by Guest

» Australian man wins defamation case against Google over images published online
Cyberbullying: How Anger Changed One Teen's Life  EmptyMon Nov 12, 2012 8:31 am by Guest

» Smartphone Apps and Bullying
Cyberbullying: How Anger Changed One Teen's Life  EmptyMon Nov 12, 2012 8:10 am by Guest

» Cyber-bullying
Cyberbullying: How Anger Changed One Teen's Life  EmptyMon Nov 12, 2012 8:01 am by Guest

» We have remedies for bullying: What’s missing is will
Cyberbullying: How Anger Changed One Teen's Life  EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 11:46 am by Guest

Cyberbullying: How Anger Changed One Teen's Life

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Cyberbullying: How Anger Changed One Teen's Life  Empty
PostSubject: Cyberbullying: How Anger Changed One Teen's Life    Cyberbullying: How Anger Changed One Teen's Life  EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 3:15 pm

Cyberbullying: How Anger Changed One Teen's Life  R-CYBERBULLYING-large570This is a teen-written article from our friends at Youth Communication, a nonprofit organization that helps marginalized youth develop their full potential through reading and writing.

By Otis Hampton

When I was little, I was too afraid to speak up for myself. If I accidentally broke something, either my mom or my older brother would yell at me to “tell the truth.” When I tried to explain what happened, they’d tell me to “shut up” or “watch your mouth.” They’d also hit me with their hands, belts, and other objects. I did as I was told, but inside I was angry.

It wasn’t fair how I always got beat up for things that weren’t my fault. So many times I wanted to tell them that I hated them and that I wished they were dead, but I didn’t out of fear of being hit. Physical abuse always prevented me from speaking my mind to my mom and older brother.

To make matters worse, I was also getting beaten up by bullies at school, partly because I have cerebral palsy and walk with a limp. Middle school was the worst. A lot of anger built up inside of me. In my freshman year of high school, I decided I wouldn’t be quiet anymore.

A Fearless Persona

It was freshman year of high school, and a group of us who knew each other from middle school were sitting at a table in the cafeteria, joking around. This kid Harry made a crack about my limp, and all the other kids started laughing. So I pointed out that he was missing a lot of teeth and added, “hole-y sh-t!”.

Everyone at the table laughed, and Harry wrapped his hands around my throat and choked me. I looked in his eyes and I knew he wasn’t going to kill me, and I smiled an evil smile. I endured the pain and fear because I knew at some point, he was gonna let go.

After he let go, I laughed, and everybody in the cafeteria looked at me like I was crazy. Laughing while being choked gave me a “never say die” persona. I began to present myself as fearless and outspoken, someone who wouldn’t take anyone’s nonsense.

Throwing Insults Like Punches

I would throw insults like punches and I got into a lot of verbal sparring. I never showed that people’s disses hurt my feelings, but the “cripple” jokes and taunting did hurt. Ignorant high school freshmen would ask “What’s wrong with you?” like they were asking if I was retarded. How was I to explain why I walked with a limp?

If someone tried to bully or belittle me, I’d go in for the kill. My weapons ranged from the classic “Yo Momma” jokes to personal attacks about their performance in school or their appearance (like their weight or race). I wanted to make them feel the same way they were making me feel.

My favorite thing to pick on were the bullies’ bad grammar. Once a kid said to me, “Yo, yous a ugly n-gga, son. My dog look better den you,” then laughed. I laughed with him for a few seconds and then said, “Maybe, but I bet your dog is smarter than YOU. I guess proper English isn’t your thing.” It seemed like it struck a nerve because he threatened to beat me up.

Sometimes I was sticking up for other kids, and that made me feel righteous. I told myself I was just being honest when I said mean things. But what was really going on, usually, was that I wanted to make my insults hit close to the chest and hurt. I was behaving like a bully, too.
Back to top Go down

Cyberbullying: How Anger Changed One Teen's Life
Page 1 of 1